Why follow a CEO, founder, or sort leader? Indeed, there is tenacity that can encourage us to do the same and increase our efforts, especially in the face of adversity.
In other words, tenacity and courage can be inspiring. In this short article, we want to share how determination is essential for anyone who wants to succeed as a leader, whether it’s a small business or a new business with dramatic growth potential, and how it can grow. increase.
Eight years ago, in 2014, I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. This happened exactly when the software startup was founded … finally sold in 2021 and generously rewarded investors and teams. Over the last eight years, he has survived seven surgeries, five radiation therapies, and months to months of chemotherapy while increasing sales and improving products. I was asked, “How did you do it?” To be honest, I don’t know when I look back. All I know is that I have continued to appear and, as one of my family once told me, that patience is “courageous.”
Determination is an essential personality trait for leaders.The question is “Are we born with guts or what we can learn? Like many other things in life, the answer is something of both. In fact, Angela Duckworth, Scholars and philosophers such as William James, K.E. Ericsson, and Aristotle will agree with this assessment.
Let’s start with the words themselves … decision. It’s a little difficult to define exactly. It’s actually one of those words and you know it when you see it … This person has guts.. This is the definition of the dictionary.
Indomitable spirit; stubborn courage; courageous patience; start Faced with adversity.
The day I was diagnosed was the same as the other days. I had to fly to meet one of our clients that afternoon. Her wife told me to stay home. But after receiving this horrifying news, I went no matter how I felt. As you can imagine, I was shocked by distrust, fear, and anger. But I felt there was something to do and promised to keep it … so I went.
That first night I couldn’t sleep and I had time to think about the hell I was about to sink. I was afraid. And in a conversation with me, I decided that I would never open up self-pity and never ask myself to function, manage my salary, and run my business. “”Why me? “ Instead, I decided to focus on better questions, “Next?? “What should we do next to survive, like …?
Easy to enjoy “Why me“Think about when adversity, especially injustice, will strike. But the only thing that the idea of” why I “creates is the spirit of the victim, which leads to unclear behavior and decision-making. And it becomes contagious because people can see and feel it. on the other hand, “What’s next? Promotes concentration, clarity, courage, hope and action. It takes courage to face adversity. And leaders who respond in this way encourage others to do the same, challenge themselves and become part of the solution. Specifically, many may say. “Damn, if he can come to work together, why can’t I?” And that happens. I think so because I have observed this exact process with the staff at my company. We got closer, more focused, and everyone worked hard.
So what can we do to develop? sand How can I exercise it in the event of adversity, especially in the early and start-up stages of my business?
“Leadership Courage” Best Practices
I was surprised to find it online. “Determining the directionThe subject has generated many ideas from researchers. Overall, the study identified five characteristics that “decided” what people would do. As I have discovered, and also revealed, there is a direct causal relationship between these traits and the inspiring leadership experienced by all members of the team.The following five characteristics of sand are based on Character Lab Founder Angela Duckworth and her book discovery “Value: The power of passion and patience“, With other people.
- Resilience: One of the most important characteristics of an exciting leader’s determination is optimism, creativity, and the ability to act and communicate with confidence, despite setbacks. This attribute helps others “keep faith” and stand firmly under performance pressure.
- courage: Another key predictor of leadership success is the ability to manage the fear of failure. Inspiring leaders seem to have a clear understanding of the positive and negative risks of decision making. This calculation allows them to be decisive and act despite the risks.
- Consciousness: Perseverance and ability to focus on achievement Good job And getting things done is another feature that inspires leaders. This work ethic and determination seems to be contagious among believers.
- Perseverance: The strength, direction, and ability to indicate and maintain the effort to pursue long-term goals is an important element of determination and has the effect of fostering the spirit, pride and friendship of the team.
- Your Honor: Courageous people do not seek perfection. Instead, they strive for excellence. This approach favors biased behavior rather than getting stuck in over-analysis. One of my favorite sayings I often repeat to people is … “Perfection is the enemy of goodness... “
Adversity is constant. So, in order for others to understand how to develop courage as a leader, the recently published book “One-Hit Wonder: The Adventures of the Average Reality” has personal and professional experience, lessons learned, and success. I recorded the secret of. Guy and the lessons learned in the process. “
The way leaders respond to adversity and pressure can stimulate success or become a breeding ground for fear and uncertainty. And entrepreneurs and business owners have no control over what happens when they start and grow their business. They can control how they behave and guide them head-on.