South Carolina-wide leaders and innovators were honored at the Iconsand Phenoms 2022 luncheon announced by SCBiz News on Thursday. The event was held at DoubleTree by Hilton Colombia.
The event was the first to recognize influential figures from across the state, with six icons and six phenoms selected from the Upstate, Coast, and Midwest regions.
Icon’s honor has been awarded to established leaders who have helped build communities through business and public involvement. Phenoms, on the other hand, are new and influential people who are influencing where they live.
Icons and phenomena were chosen for the honor of the entire state.
The state’s icon was Dr. Kathleen Domm, Foster Care Director at Select Health of South Carolina, a unique Medicaid Managed Care organization that provides medical services to more than 5,000 foster parents across the state. .. Dr. Dom is a board-certified pediatrician with a passion for improving the health and well-being of children. Your team will contact each child and foster parent placement as soon as the child enters the system. She also volunteers at the Shifa Clinic in Mount Pleasant, providing free medical services to uninsured children.
The state-wide Phenom honor was awarded to Elizabeth Sighlehart, Vice President of Promotion at the Transitions Homeless Center in Colombia. Igleheart joined her agency six years ago and has made great strides in building community support and involvement ever since. Under his leadership, the funding agency that once raised $ 20,000 a year is now generating over $ 95,000. He also helped create an automated financing approach and led a financing campaign to buy and refurbish a second property to serve the medically frail elderly and homeless.
Doctor’s Care, Nephron Pharmaceuticals and DoubleTree by Hilton Colombia sponsored the event.
- Stewart Spinks: Spinx Co. LLC
- Heather Simmons Jones: MRB Group
- Pamela Evette: South Carolina
- Chris Manly: Spirit
- Ric Standridge: Standridge Studio and Gallery
- Jennifer Sutton: Curiosity Inc. Bright + Co and Orange WIP
Midlands area icon
- Elizabeth Iglehart: Homeless Jishon Center
- Jean Thor: South Carolina Supreme Court
- Anne-Marie Stieritz: Freedom Fellowship
- Catherine Chianti: Catherine’s Advisor
- Lira Anna Sales: No more homeless
- Sam Moses: Parker Po Adams and Bernstein
Coastal area icon
- Ford Graham: McGuire Woods Consulting LLC
- Sean Popson: Select South Carolina Health
- Shanda Johnson: Cornerstone Camp
- Jim O’Connor: JMT
- Edie Blakeslee: Coastal Community Foundation
- Tiffany Johnson-Wilson: Johnson & Wilson Real Estate Ltd.
Phenomenon in the northern region
- James Jordan: Jordan Construction Company.
- Jessica McCoy: Brassfield & Gory LLC
- Jennifer Belshe: Novus Advisors
- Bill Hathaway: Noregon Systems Inc.
- Sally Holder: Brim
- Brian Stearns Apple Fire
- Chiara Streeter: Temporary Headhunter LLC
- Nancy Lee: South Carolina Human Habitat
- Sh’Kur Francis: United Methodist Church on Main Street; Bamberg County
- Trevor Knox: Terminix Service Inc.
- Catherine Myers: Burnett Shut and McDaniel PA
- Ayana White: The Power of Change — Midlands Diaper Bank
- Kathleen Dom: Select South Carolina Health
- Karriema Calhoun: Boeing.
- Wes Wilson: US Army Charleston District Engineers
- Jana Riley: Public Works Art Center
- Katie Blomquist: Go to different places
- Edward Corps: Atlas Technologies Inc.
Please contact Christina Lee Knauss (803-753-4327).